Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Tanzania: A dream come true…my long awaited journey to Africa.


For as long as I can remember I have dreamed of going to Africa.  There has always been something inside of me that has drawn me to this continent.  I still can’t wait put my  finger on it – maybe it’s the people, maybe it’s the history, the origin of man, maybe its Serengeti, maybe its all of those things.  But I finally got a chance to discover just a sliver of this vast continent with a trip Tanzania. 



It’s hard to put into words just how amazing this part of the journey was for me.  It's an experience that at times left me speechless and has left me wanting to return since my departure.  We were so blessed to have met the people we did along the way – so inspirational.  The animals are beyond words.  The best food of my life.  I now understand  when people I have met before told me, “go to Africa, there something totally different there, unlike anywhere before, it changes you, it touches your soul”. 
I don’t yet have all the words to do this trip justice so I am hoping that pictures will inspire you and that highlights I do cover will push yourself to make the journey as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment