Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Tanzania: Arusha has the best Indian food ever ...I swear!

Arusha - It’s chill and laid back.  Our first day consisted of hitting up a local African restaurant where had our first taste of Ugali.  It’s made from corn and its consistency a bit sticky, a bit like mash potatoes.  If you get the technique right you use your hand to make a ball, your thumb to make a dip, and then you scoop in your food.  I was a totally mess by the time I was done – but you gotta give everything 1 shot.  Right?
In the evening we headed for an African/Indian chicken joint situated in the back roads of Arusha.   I loved this place!  It is a mechanic shop by day and one of Arusha’s most popular chicken joints by night!  It was yum yum good! My favorite quote of the night, “I’m a chicken man”.
THE BEST INDIAN FOOD I HAVE EVER HAD WAS IN AFRICA.  Ok that statement might seem a little odd but I swear to you, as someone who has been to India and lives in NYC, this little Indian restaurant in Arusha was the best I have ever had.

No comments:

Post a Comment