Saturday, April 30, 2011

Paris Fabulous Finds: Seaching for the Perfect Macaroon

The perfect macaroon. 

Being a sweet eater and supposedly in the land of pastries it only seemed fitting that I should embark on a conquest to find the perfect macaroon. After trying over 20 bakeries my three suggestions to you are:
-  La Duree - everyone flocks here and with good reason.  Their macaroons are fab.  But they aren’t the only game in town so don’t be fooled. My pick: their salted caramel is unbeatable.
- Eric Kayser –Initially this place became famous for their baguettes so if you go I encourage you to pick one up. My pick: their pistachio can’t be beat. 

TRAVEL TIP: ask for the baguette traditional (if you just say baguette you will get standard).  They also make one of the most scrumptious chocolate chip cookies I have ever had.
-  Carette Macaroons – located in the ritzy Place de Vosges these macaroons rival La Duree without a doubt. My pick: Blackcurrant and Violet.
TRAVEL TIP: FOR NON TRADITIONAL FLAVORS head to Gallarie Lafayette on the 4th floor. There is a small macaroon stand that selling unique creations such as: white chocolate and truffle, chocolate froi gras, and rum liquor lemon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment