Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Mendoza - Every Wino's Dream Come True

Mendoza could quite possibly been any wino’s dream, including mine!  Many people I had spoken with had said it reminded them of Napa Valley in the 70’s but since I wasn’t born then I cannot compare it, but I can tell you that it is not to miss.
I remember the first time I tried Malbec, curiosity got the best of me, I wanted to know more about how this lovely tasting concoction was made.  Some years following, I went on my first trip Argentina, I fell in love the country but I wasn’t able to visit Mendoza. So I vowed I would not miss it on my next adventure.
Mendoza is beautiful and it was a nice break from Buenos Aires.  The town itself is super cute, lined with cafes serving great food.  The city is surrounded by mountains and the terrain is dry and dusty.  The people are laid back, reminding me a bit of some of the mountains in Colorado. My preferred breakfast was a café latte with a medialuna (pastry like thing brushed in sugar). 



We happend to arrive just before the Miss Mendoza pageant was beginning.  In front of the venue for the entire week you can find cut outs of the beauty queens for all the public to see. 
TRAVEL TIP:  You can either opt to take a bus or fly.  I opted for flying in an effort to avoid suffering from motion sickness.

No comments:

Post a Comment