Friday, April 15, 2011

Fabulous finds & Hidden Hints: Beef it is whats for dinner in Buenos Aires

Coma! Coma! Coma Argentinean beef!

OK, this isn’t a hidden fact but I have a few suggestions in terms of where to eat it. (Sorry vegetarians, I think this is a horrible thing to miss in the city but the sides are tasty if eating the meat is against your rules).

I would head to La Cabrera for dinner. You will be treated to a traditional and truly amazing taste of Argentinean beef. BONUS: this place has it figured out. They serve you unlitmed FREE wine while you wait!

You cannot beat the price and the quality. (People from NYC – you won’t sacrifice quality even though the price is awesome – trust me!) . Each plate comes with amazing sides – sauteed onions, creamed spinach (like your grandma used to make), applesauce, potatoes, and more. I ordered the lomo – and as a girl who grew up in the Midwest I can rank this in the top two best steaks I have ever had.

For a lighter and cheaper fare I would suggest walking about the area where you are staying. When you see a parilla that is packed with locals enter – you cannot go wrong! Order. Eat and Enjoy!

AND don’t forget the wine!  While you may be familiar with Malbec, I encourage you to explore beyond this traditional Argentinean wine. Ask your waiter for a suggestion. A few suggestions from yours truly: 2009 Bianchi Elsa Torrontes or try a Malbec from the best years: 1999 or 2006.

1 comment: