Friday, April 15, 2011

Mexico: Riviera Maya. The newlyweds.

Why Mexico for our wedding? It has been over 8 years since I have really explored Mexico. Following my semester abroad I had the incredible opportunity to really get to know the country. I departed Mexico City with only a back pack, a friend, a guide book, and metro ticket to the main bus station. During that time in my life, TIME was plentiful. During that journey I feel in love the country. I was encapsulated with both the fire and warmth that drove the people and the culture. I feel in love with Huatulco, was captive by the people of San Juan Chamula, was hypnotized by the beauty of Aguas Azules, and I was memorized by the site of Palenque. That trip forever changed me. It humbled me and it pushed me to see the world beyond my “American” perspective. I am enamored with Mexico and I wanted nothing more than to share that with the person whom I was planning take a chance on love with. The beaches of the Riviera are breathtaking. While some may snicker about the fact that it is so close to Cancun, I can assure you there is peace away from the party city. The ocean is both fierce and tranquil representing both the fire of Mexico and the fire of love. The sun as warm as are the people in Mexico as well as love when it fills is hearts. Mexico it seemed was the perfect place to share with my soon to be husband, our closest friends, and incredible family – a fiesta forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment